We’re just alike, you and I.
Oh geez! I never noticed this before!!!
haha it’s funny because it’s a coincidence, like one scenario is heterosexual and it’s understood to be sexualized, and the other one is homosexual and thus not sexual at all, haha, haha, haha, it’s like the writers don’t even know what they’re doing lol I bet they feel silly now bromance friends platonic
Ok, but look at their faces. John might be slightly put upon, but the woman is clearly creeped out. Sherlock is having John reach into a jacket pocket, but Moriarty is having her reach into his pants. John doesn’t really mind, but this woman does and I think that element is essential to the characters as they are juxtaposed in this scene.
Anonymous said: Hi, I saw your donation drive on AO3, and I'm wondering what the money is for, exactly? $70,000 seems like a /lot/ of money. Is there somewhere I can see a list of intended purposes? Thank you!
70,000 USD does seem like a lot, which is why many of our users may be surprised to find out that in 2015, the OTW will need 75,000 USD just to replace old servers and expand capacity! The OTW’s annual budget for 2014 is 221,863.44 USD, and 70% of that goes directly to servers, collation, and staff development for AO3. The remaining 30% of our 2014 budget funds Fanlore, Legal Advocacy, Open Doors, and Transformative Works and Cultures; covers administrative costs; allows for outreach and membership development (such as our thank you gifts and shipping); and provides opportunities for professional development and training for personnel. All of these things help the OTW protect and celebrate fans and fan culture.
I find it amazing that people think that’s a lot of money to ask. It’s incredibly expensive to fund such heavily used and non ad supported websites, and that before anyone even gets paid for their work. I am definitely donating what I can to this drive, and I hope if you have a few dollars spare and benefit from Archive of Our Own, or any of their projects you will consider donating as well.
If you would like to donate you can do so here :)
So, guys. If you can spare anything — even a dollar or two — AO3 is an incredible resource, providing readers with top-quality stories and giving writers a jumpstart on turning hobbies into careers.
I speak from experience. My publisher found me on AO3. Without AO3, I might never have turned my dream of being a published writer into reality!
What? Bisexual? She can’t be bisexual, you’re only bisexual if you’re actively fucking two people of two differing genders at the same exact time. The moment you stop fucking them you’re suddenly not bi anymore. It’s science.
I suppose that means we bi people exist in quantum superposition until someone observes us having sex.
My students are currently working on an assignment in which they have to use the “Barberini Faun" in an advertisement. This in turn inspired me to draw a Sherlockian version of this sculpture …